Is it permissible to sell products which contain such gelatine?

I have a business selling flowers but My business is slowly dying.. 

I have got an offer to change my shop to sell chocolate and Candy and so forth.. My question is will it be permissible to sell Candy that also container gelatine.. My customers is purely danish nonmuslims and to have a fair selection of Candy you Will have to bring in some with gelatine from swine.. many muslims do it but they write on every box if it contains gelatine or not..

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

If the gelatine was produced from permissible animals according to Shariah like sheep, goat and cow, then it will be permissible to sell products which contain such gelatine. However, if the gelatine was produced from impermissible animals such as pig or not slaughtered according to the Shariah laws and rules of slaughter, then it will not be permissible to sell such products even to non-Muslims. You may consider importing sweets with Halal gelatine, for example from Pakistan.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.