Need fatwa for marriage

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com
Prev Question
Next Question


The problem is girl took khula from court forcibly, ex-husband party was missing,,, and was observing 3 periods iddah, during her iddah she did ijab qabool in the presence of 2 witness withou wali, mehar and during iddah. This all happened secretly. When boy’s family got to know about it his father forcefully asked boy to give talaq and boy uters 3 times this word.
Now the question is,
Is Khul’a occurred ?
What is iddah of khula?
What are conditions of valid nikkah?
is that second nikkah valid or not?
Is that divorce valid or not?

Need fatwa that either girl and boy can do nikkah now with the family consent means now there nikkah could be done as per Islam or not? I need a fatwa over it.

Best regards,

Jazak Allah


Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu,

Khula is only valid if the husband agrees to the Khula. If the husband does not agree, the Khula is not valid. No court can issue a Khula without the consent of the husband.

Since the Khula was not valid, there was no need for ‘Iddah, and the second marriage too was not correct.

As for being forced, the force have to be severe, then only the divorce will not be valid. Mere pressure is not sufficient. If the boy was not forced with physical abuse or imprisonment, and he issued a divorce, then that divorce is binding and the wife has to sit in ‘Iddah. However, if he was given so much threats that he feared physical abuse or confinement, then even if he issued a divorce, that divorce will hold no effect, and the marriage will still be intact.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best


Ismail Moosa (Mufti)


و أما ركنه فهو الإيجاب و القبول لأنه عقد على الطلاق بعوض فلا تقع الفرقة و لا يستحق العوض بدون القبول بخلاف النوع الأول فإنه إذا قال : خالعتك و لم يذكر العوض و نوى الطلاق فإنه يقع الطلاق عليها سواء قبلت أو لم تقبل لأن ذلك طلاق بغير عوض فلا يفتقر إلى القبول و حضرة السلطان ليست بشرط لجواز الخلع عند عامة العلماء فيجوز عند غير السلطان (بدائع الصنائع – 3/ 229)

الخلع عقد يفتقر إلى الإيجاب و القبول يثبت الفرقة و يستحق عليه العوض (التاتارخانية 5 /5)

ومن جانب المرأة تعتبر بالإيجاب والقبول كما في باب البيع حتّى إنّه إذا كانت البداية من جانب الزوج، فقامت عن المجلس قبل القبول يبطل الإيجاب، وإن كانت البداية من جانب المرأة بأن قالت له اخلعني على كذا، صحّ رجوعها قبل قبوله ويبطل بقيامها عن المجلس وبقيامه ولا يتوقف حال غيبة الزوج، ولا يجوز التعليق منها بشرط، ولا إضافة إلى وقت وقدّم الفرق من الجانبين قبل هذا   (المحيط البرهاني (5/ 59)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .