Answered by Islaah Publications
What can I do to help Iraq
submitted [and edited] by a subscriber
- Hope: At this critical juncture when war is the buzz word of the War Mongers, many Muslims are left in despair and in a state of hopelessness. It may seem that the death of millions of innocents is now inevitable, but we must continue to strive our utmost to defend them and to spread the truth about this immoral war. Above all, we must remember that Allah Most High has control over all things and can provide help in ways we do not even understand. Not even the ‘greatest’ superpower can overpower Him! No falsehood is to remain forever. No oppression is to remain forever. After hardship comes ease. The bitter reality of the Muslim nation will come to an end, and tomorrow will be definitely better than today. We should have HOPE in the ALL encompassing MERCY and HELP of Allah Most High under all circumstances, whether it be in victory, defeat, happiness or sadness.
Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) reported that : ” I was (once) behind the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) when he said to me: ‘O son ! I shall inform of a few things: Remember Allah, and He will protect you. Remember Allah, and you will find Him close to you. When you have to ask for something, ask of Allah Most High. When you require aid, seek His aid. Believe firmly that if all the creation desires to benefit you in anything, they can never benefit you, but, that which Allah has decreed for you. If they ALL unite to harm you, they will not be able to harm you in anything, but that which Allah has decreed for you.” (Tirmizi)
- Supplication (dua): Make ernest, sincere supplication (dua). Try to shed tears and beg Allah Most High to alleviate the suffering of the Muslims in Iraq; and other places where Muslims are oppressed, not forgetting to make supplication (dua) for the brave ” Human shields “. Beg Allah Most High with sincerity. (like a child begging his mother). Also, conscientise the family and the children at home to also make supplication (dua).
- Voluntary Prayer: Even if one is not a regular performer of night vigil (tahajjud) prayer; at least for the sake of the lives of the innocents; get up at the time of night vigil (tahajjud) and perform two rakaats of prayer; contemplate on the sufferings, that the Ummah is facing today; beg Allah Most High for His Divine Help and assistance. Shed some tears; Ask for Forgiveness and help for the Abstention from sin and for Allah Most High’s Divine Solution.
- Participate in Peace Rallies and Anti -war campaigns: keeping in mind the Shariah injunctions of good character, proper conduct, hijab, peace etc.
- Charity (Sadaqah): Give some charity (sadaqah) on behalf of the Muslims in Iraq; on behalf of the orphans; the widows; the martyrs and those that are the victims of oppression. This charity may even be a loaf of bread or bottle of milk to a needy person in your area.
- Fast: Keep a voluntary fast on any day of one’s choice. At the time of breaking one’s fast ;Beg Almighty Allah Most High, to alleviate the sufferings of the Muslim Ummah in Iraq and other parts of the world where Muslims are unjustly being oppressed.
- Relief and Financial Aid: The lives; homes and infra-structure of the people of Iraq have been devastated over the last 12-15 years. Assist by aiding financially to a legitimate Relief agency in your area. Spare ourselves from over indulgences and financially aid our Brothers and sisters in this hour of need.
- Make News outlets Aware: Keep a vigilant eye on the news outlets; magazines etc. and respond timeously to their bias comments and views. Participate in phone-in sessions on the Radio. If one is unable to do so; make those who are able to do so; aware of such comments; articles etc. so that timeous responses are made. Forward pertinent and relevant articles you come across to the International and local media outlets.
- Qunoot-e-Naazilah: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) encouraged the Ummah to read this supplication (dua) at the time of distress and calamity. Encourage family members to recite this supplication (dua) daily; as well as our local ulama to recite in the Fajr prayer; preferably. We may learn or get a copy of the Supplication (dua)-e-Naazila from our local Ulama; and may recite it; even as a Supplication (dua) outside prayer if we are unable to read it in prayer.
- Surah Yaseen: At these trying times, it would be beneficial to recite Surah Yaseen daily and beg through it’s blessings for the Help of Allah Most High .
- Useful Spiritual Practices (wazifas): One may read these beneficial dhikrs 100 times daily (or more or less) during times of calamity and distress.
(i) “Hasbun allaahu wa ni’mal wakeel”: Allah is sufficient for us and our Guardian.
(ii) “La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka inni kuntu minaz zaalimeen”: There is none worthy of worship except You. Certainly I am amongst the wrongdoers.
Hazrat Anas (Allah be pleased with him) describes that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) said that Allah Most High says that sometimes, He intends to send a calamity to a land; but the idea is given up; seeing those men who populate His houses (masjids) and recite “ISTIGHFAAR” in the late hours of the night; and He withholds the calamity. (BAYHAQI)
Hazrat Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) and Hazrat Abu Talha(Allah be pleased with him) reported that Rasulullah (sallaaahu alayhi wassallam) has said that whosoever helps a Muslim at the time of loss of honour and humility; will receive Helpfrom Allah when he is in need of help.( ABU DAWOOD)
This is a time for unity and solidarity with the innocent people who are
under attack. We are urged to do whatever we can for them, from the smallest action to the greatest.
LET US PARTICIPATE IN SOME HUMBLE WAY – FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE AND SANCTITY OF LIFE.
Prepared by AL-Islaah Publications( www.everymuslim.com )