Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Fatwaa.com » At 12, I touched my 7 years old cousin’s private parts.

At 12, I touched my 7 years old cousin’s private parts.

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com

Assala mu Alaykum.
Please help me with your answer.

My question with description:

When I was 12 years old(i hit puberty that time). I committed this sin. I touched my cousin’s private parts 3 or 4  times. She was 7 then.

I didn’t force her but tricked her.

At that time, after doing that I felt I was doing wrong.
Ask forgiveness(tawbah) from Allah at that time.

At that time, I didn’t know it was a major sin. It had just happened because we spend time together.

But now I know I broke the rule of haq ul ibad. If  I don’t ask forgiveness from her also. Allah won’t forgive me.

I am so ashamed of my deed. I am depressed now.

Now I am 19 and I want to ask forgiveness. I can’t do any work nor can sleep well because of my stupid haram deed.

(If I add something: That happened in 2015. In 2016, we moved to Town from village. After that time, when I go to the village I see
Relationship with her is normal like relationship with other cousins. For example, she talks with me, sits next to me. Maybe she didn’t get what I did to her. I never did again to her like that. Never tell her something about that.
But the problem is If ask forgiveness from her, She will be depressed after knowing that she was groped by me. Or maybe she might think that she is not pure anymore. Relationship with me will be ruined. Or she might have forgotten, I just remind her again.)

So, My question to you,.
Should I ask forgiveness from her?
If not, then Allah will forgive me?


Wa’alaykum as Salām wa rahmatullāhi wa barakātuhu,

The fact that you hold regret in your heart for the sin that you have perpetrated is, indeed, commendable. This is because it is from amongst the conditions for repentance.

Therefore, instead of feeling depressed, you should have hope in the mercy and forgiveness of Allāh; lest you will be held back from spiritual progression.

Furthermore, the ideal case would be to ask her for forgiveness.

However, if according to your discretion, it may lead to the breakage of family ties or give rise to other severe implications then you may suffice on giving charity on her behalf and making Duʿā that Allāh forgives her with the intention that Allāh will make it a means of forgiving you on her behalf.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best


Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Read answers with similar topics: