Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Qibla.com » Claiming benefits when no longer in the country

Claiming benefits when no longer in the country

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

When in Denmark, we were getting considerable child benefits. Now, we have moved to Guatemala. I asked the Danish government agency, and they said we can only claim the benefits if resident in Denmark. I have a way of them not knowing that I am not in Denmark… I need the money: can I claim the benefits?

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

“The one who cheats is not of us.”

[Muslim, Tirmidhi, and Abu Dawud]

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

This money one is entitled to if one fulfills the condition. If one does not and yet claims it, this would be deception. Deception is a grave sin and not permitted in speech even in war. [Abu al-Su`ud, Fath al-Mu`in `ala Sharh Mulla Miskin]

For details, see:

Welfare, Working Under the Table, and the Issue of Cheating and Deception

The Light of Creation, the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “I was only sent to perfect noble character.” [Ahmad, and others]


Faraz Rabbani

See also:

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Read answers with similar topics: