A salutation [durud] which yields the reward of ten thousand salutations

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

What is the authenticity of the following Hadith?

اللهم صل على سيدنا محمد ما اختلف الملوان وتعاقب العصران وكر الجديدان واستقبل الفرقدان وبلغ روحه وارواح اهل بيته منا التحية والسلام

Whoever recites this durud thrice, will receive the reward of reciting salutations 30 000 times.

Answer

I have not come across this narration in any primary Hadith source.

This narration has been cited in certain non-Hadith sources without a chain of narrators. I have also located it in a book on salutations written by a Shi’i.

The narration mentions that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) affirmed the reward for this in someone’s dream. Dreams are not a suitable proof for issues like these.

The Hadith should not be quoted.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com