Shaykh Muhammad Abasoomar

Hanafi Fiqh

Gifting the leg of the ‘Aqiqah animal to the mid-wife

I am looking for a narration which states that a man was caught stealing during the Caliphate Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu). When ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) was going to mete out the punishment for stealing [i.e. cutting his hand], he begged for mercy and said that it was the first time he stole. Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) told him that …

Hanafi Fiqh

Another recital when welcoming a Haji?

I read this du’a and this one on your website for welcoming a Haji. However, I have also heard people recite the following du’a when meeting a returning Haji: اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِلْحَاجِّ وَلِمَنِ اسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُ الْحَاجُّ Allahummaghfir lil Haj, wa liman istaghfara lahul Haj Is this correct?

Hanafi Fiqh

The three signs of ignorance

Is this authentic? Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Beware of doing two things that are [causes] for being cursed.” The Sahabah (radiyallahu ‘anhum) asked: ‘What are the two things that cause a person the be cursed?’ Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied: ‘Through one relieving himself in the pathways of the people or in places of shade [thereby …