Assalamu aleikum, i want to offer dua-e-magfirat and quraan-e-bakhshish for my marhum dad,but i dont know the procedure ,please provide with the process so that i can,one more question is,is there any dua for a person to protect him from azaab,who has attempt suicide, which has been forbidden in islaam .But according to quraan except shirk ,every sin is forgivable,so please please please please provide some dua so that i can pray for that particular person.

assalamu aleikum, i want to offer dua-e-magfirat and quraan-e-bakhshish for my marhum dad,but i dont know the procedure ,please provide with the process so that i can,one more question is,is there any dua for a person to protect him from azaab,who has attempt suicide, which has been forbidden in islaam .But according to quraan except shirk ,every sin is forgivable,so please please please please provide some dua so that i can pray for that particular person.

Answer

(Fatwa: 773/593/H=1431)

(1) Whenever and as much as you wish you can do isal-e-sawab by reciting the holy Quran, durood, offering nafl salah, keeping nafl fast, fulfilling the need of poor and needy one, giving money and articles in a mosque and madrasa and doing any good deeds by making the intention: O Allah give its reward to my father or so and so person.

(2) Keep on delivering the reward on the abovementioned pattern and also regularly make dua for his maghfirat (forgiveness).