Q: 1. Some women insist on taking the bath to become paak exactly after seven days of first bleeding for periods, even though the bleeding does not last the whole seven days for them. They insist on not taking the bath before one whole week passes. What do you have to say about that?
2. In some communities, people pray only eight rakaat of taraweeh instead of twenty. According to sunnah, Is this practise right?
3. I know a man (30 years old) who does not want to marry because one of his brothers died and he thinks that how his late brother’s kids are his responsibility even though he has other brothers. He says he can’t take any more responsibilities. He is very close to his family. Should a man delay his marriage because of such reasons
1. Once the bleeding terminates, they are obliged to take a bath even if the bleeding terminates before seven days. If she fails to take a bath, she will be sinful.
2. Twenty Rakaats Taraweeh Salaat has been established in the Sunnah.
3. If he is able to control himself in this situation, Nikah is not incumbent on him. He is entitled to refrain from Nikah if he feels he would be unable to shoulder any additional responsibilities.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Fatwa Dept.)