Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za »  A woman leaves home whilst in iddah does the sin goes to the deceased husband?

A woman leaves home whilst in iddah does the sin goes to the deceased husband?

Q: A woman leaves home whilst in iddah does the sin goes to the deceased husband?

A: During iddat it is impermissible for a woman to leave the home. If a woman leaves her home, she will be sinful.

( ولا تخرج معتدة رجعي وبائن ) بأي فرقة كانت على ما في الظهيرية ولو مختلعة على نفقة عدتها في الأصح اختيار أو على السكنى فيلزمها أن تكتري بيت الزوج معراج ( لو حرة ) أو أمة مبوأة ولو من فاسد ( مكلفة من بيتها أصلا ) لا ليلا ولا نهارا ولا إلى صحن دار فيها منازل لغيره ولو بإذنه لأنه حق الله تعالى (الدر المختار 3/536)

Assalamu alaikum, Dear Janab Mufti Sahib, I have left my wife on 31st May 2008 to her parent?s house when I came to know from doctor that she was conceived to take rest for two months. After that I called her for which her mother intervened and refused to send her. Because of her mother?s attitude towards me I stopped going to my in laws home. There was no contact between myself and my spouse from July 08 to September 08. During November 2008 my spouse called me over phone and asked for my blood group and I informed her the same. After that there were contacts over phone between me and my spouse till the date of delivery. After delivery I went to see my spouse and new born baby in Hospital. At hospital, her mother again intervened between us and there were heated arguments between me and her mother. After three months of delivery, I sent a letter to my spouse thro? post to come back to my home for which my spouse replied me thro? post ? that she thought of coming back after three months but your letter reached me prior to one day of three months time. (For your information the letter was written in Tamil though I know that my spouse cant write or read tamil) ?. Saying this she made a full stop without informing that whether she wants to come or not. Then I called her relatives (in Bangalore) to come and solve our problem. During the talks, there were heated arguments between my parents and her parents and the talks were failed. Then last Sunday, I called my spouse over phone then suggested her to come to a third parties place where we can sit and solve our differences for which she initially accepted and told me that after her father has gone for Jamaat and he will be returning tonight. Once her comes she will get permission and come on Monday. On Monday morning I called her over phone, she replied after asking her parents bit by bit over phone that I have to come to her parents? house to have any discussion on this, and she refused to come with me. Finally she told me that her relatives who are in Bangalore have to come and we will have an agreement on this after which she will be coming back to my house. In a fit of anger, I sent an SMS with these words ? Aaj ke din main tera aur mera rishta ku qatam karta hoon ye teen lafz se ? Talaq Talaq Talaq ?. Please convey me whether this talaq is valid, in my case I never had any quarrel with my wife nor wife has any dispute over me. The only dispute was with my self and her parents. Please let me know at your earliest.