Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Informing one’s husband about father in laws illicit actions

Informing one’s husband about father in laws illicit actions

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My friend needs an urgent advice on the following: I am living with my in laws in a big house, my father in law and mother in law live in separate rooms, they do not have any physical relation. My married nand is also living with us as her husband is in saudia. She is a working woman. When she goes for work , my father in law takes her 3 year old daughter and I have seen him doing real bad things with this girl. My other two dewranis have also seen him doing bad stuff with goat that we have. Two other minor girls of house are also witness that their grandfather touches them on private parts. If I inform my husband, or any other person at home, I fear divorce. I am already divorced and this is my second marriage. These people are very far away from deen, they think the father is pious and can not commit any sin. If I don’t tell, I feel guilty. What should I do?


A: If you can easily and respectfully move away to another home with your husband’s blessings then move away.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: