1. Is calamari makrooh or haraam in the Hanafi madhab?
2. If food has been touched or contaminated by calamari, will that make the food makrooh or haraam?
3. Also, if one has to eat calamari will he be sinful?
1. In the Hanafi Mazhab, from the sea creatures, whatever enters under the category of fish are permissible to consume. Calamari does not enter under the category of fish according to us.
3. It is makrooh-e-tahrimi to consume any sea creature besides fish.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)