Q: Is it correct the way I make my salaah? I am a female. In fardh salah I read loud, but not that someone in the room can hear me clearly, it’s almost as whispering: In first two rakahs – two surahs, ameen, all takbeers, all duas in ruku, sajda and tashahud. I read inwardly only moving my lips: In first two rakahs – authoo and bismillehirahmaniirrahim, semi Allahu liman hemideh In 3d and 4th rakahs – everything except takbeers and assalamu aleium va rahmatullah. In all sunnas and kazas I read all inwardly, only moving my lips. Is this correct? If not could you please correct the mistakes?
1. I always knew that two first rakahs in fard salah (except authoo, bismileh and semi Allahu liman hemideh) must be loud, but I aslo knew women’s voice is aura and she has to be not as loud as men, so was reading them not real loud but whispering. Do I have to repeat all my salahs?
2. And also, some say that even in 3d and 4th rakah all we read must be not inwardly but whispering so that we hear ourselves but no one else does. How important is that, can I continue just moving my lips? Do I have to repeat my salahs?
3. Don’t know you answer to 2. That’s why could you please specify, is authoo and bismilleh and semi Allahu liman hemideh has to be read just by moving lips always? It’s how I was told before.
4. When there are men in another room, can loud salah be read as whispering?
3. You should recite softly with moving your lips.
4. In Salaah, a women should recite softly. She should not recite audibly.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)