1

Saying salam at the rawdah-graveside of Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com
Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

I would like to ask a question regarding salam at the graveside of Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) (the Rawdah).

Is there any reward or other special benefit in saying salam to Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) at the rawdah?

I used to say salam every time whenever I go to madinah but a friend said to me that this is not important to say salam exactly at the rawdah. He also said this is bid’ah!

Please clarify.

Ad by Muslim Ad Network

Answer

To visit the rawdah (grave) of our Beloved Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) is very rewarding.

Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) encouraged the ummah to visit his grave. Therefore to visit his grave and say salam there is correct.

People who say this is a bid’ah, are actually disrespecting our Beloved Rasul (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam).

See here for more details.

On the other hand, one should not do things that are not allowed in Shari’ah at the graveside of Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam), like make sajdah to his grave, scream and shout etc.

This is wrong.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail