Events on ‘Aashura

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Did the following take place on ‘Aashura: Nabi Adam (‘alayhis salam) sent down from Jannah, his tawbah accepted, Nabi Nuh (‘alayhis salam)’s ark landing on Mount Judi, Nabi Ibrahim (‘alayhis salam) being saved from fire?

Answer

In the reliable Hadith sources there is only mention of Nabi Musa (‘alayhis salam) and Nabi Nuh (‘alayhis salam) being saved on this day.

(Sahih Bukhari and Musnad Ahmad)

I haven’t seen the others mentioned in a Hadith of Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam). In my opinion, it’s safer to quote the above two examples only.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com