1) Does walking outside bareheaded invalidate wudhu if no ghair mahram sees you. 2) After ghusl does washing napaak clothing, bedding etc invalidate ghusl or wudhu? 3) I am a Hanafi married to a Shafie. My husband says that I could carry on following the Hanafi Mathhab. Is this fine? 4) Are you allowed to eat or drink when you are in need of a gusl bath. 5) If I walk barefoot on tiles does it invalidate wudhu?
Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu
1. If the ‘eyeliner’ and ‘Mascara’ do not have impure ingredients in them,
the Salaat performed with it will be valid. However, if the ‘Mascara’ is
made up from substances that prevent the water reaching the eyelashes during
Wudhu, then the Wudhu will not be valid. (Maraaqiul Falaah pg.56). Washing
the face in Wudhu is the same as in Ghusl.
2. Being bareheaded does not invalidate the Wudhu. However, a woman should
keep her hair covered at all times as the angels of mercy feel ashamed to
enter that home where a woman is bareheaded. (Siratul Mustafa vol.1 pg.142;
Darul Kutub Deoband)
3. Washing impure clothes after Wudhu or Ghusl does not invalidate the Wudhu
4. A wife may follow her Madhab which is different from the Madhab followed by her husband.
5. It is advisable to wash the hands and mouth before eating. (Maraaiqul
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai