Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » I have come accross the following hadith attributed to ‘Muslim’.

I have come accross the following hadith attributed to ‘Muslim’.

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

I have come accross the following hadith attributed to ‘Muslim’. It is causing me some concern as it apparently contradicts some of the Quranic verses as follows: 1) “And to every soul will be paid in full of its Deeds, and Allah knows best all that they do.” 39:70 2) “…And a just decision (will be) pronounced between them and they will not be wronged in the least” 39:69 3) “On that day, not a soul shall be wronged in the least. And you shall be paid the rewards of your past deeds.” 36:54 Could you please tell me if this is a Saheeh hadith and if it is any explanation for the apparent contradiction as it seems odd that one’s deeds get transfered to someone else who may or may not be more righteous than the other. For example this hadith could mean that if the subjects of a tyrant king slander him because of his tyranny the sawaab of his subjects will be transferred to him. I look forward to your enlightened reply.

Answer

The Hadith in reference actually explains the course of justice on the day of Qiyaamat as also understood in the verses cited by you.

However, if the oppressed subjects of a tyrant ruler complaines, that is not prohibited and their reward will not be given to the tyrant ruler on the day of Qiyaamat.

FATWA DEPT.