Salaah related questions
Q: I have a number of confusions about Salaah and will be grateful for clarification.
1. If one recites Surah Fatiha in part but fears a mistake or miss pronunciation and recites it again from the start, will sajdah-e-sahw become waajib? If yes, what portion of Fatiha repetition will invoke it?
2. Sitting in tashahud position, if I am tired and my hands roll beyond the thighs with fingers running over my knees, how bad is this?
3. In summer, I have a habit of folding up my shirt sleeves well above the wrists and trousers well above the ankles and perform my Salah in the same state. I am told that this is forbidden, how bad is it if one folds one’s garments up in Salah? If my lower garment reaches my ankles, (men’s ankles should be exposed) is tucking trousers up at waste or folding at the bottom, still forbidden? I live in a cold country, We don’t get garments made these days, we buy clothes ready made, whatever we get and sometime these are a little oversize, out of difficulty and not arrogance. How can one reconcile?
1. If you just read an aayat or two and then restarted then you will not have to make sajdah-e-sahw.
2. It is permissible for the fingers to go over the knees.
3. It is not forbidden. However, rather sew a trouser that is well above your ankles.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)