Is it permissible for a woman to stay permanently at her sister`s husband`s house, given that he is seventy three years old and his wife is forty five?
- I would be grateful if you would kindly assist me with an inheritance matter. We have sold my late mother’s house and need clarification on some issues before we are able to effect distribution. One of my brothers carried out renovation work to the property without the permission/and against the wishes of the other siblings. He genuinely believed it would increase the value of the property. He is now claiming costs in excess of £18,000. Although he has some receipts from builder’s and merchants, he is unable to substantiate claims for labour costs as they were made in cash with nothing obtained in writing. Some of the siblings are unhappy as they feel the cost is excessive and the unauthorised work has not added much value to the property. They are requesting receipts that simply don’t exist. Also they feel that, as it is a estate matter it is their duty to ensure all figures are correct and there is no human error. Legally an executor cannot make unauthorised payments or payments without supporting documents from estate funds unless all heirs collectively agree. What is the Sharia way of dealing with this? Also if some of the heirs agree to cover their share of the renovation costs then how should this be calculated. Should it be equally split or should the male heirs pay two parts and the female heirs one part. Your early response will be greatly appreciated.
- Keeping pets
- Permanent Hair Removal
- Islamic Ruling on Playing Poker on the Internet
- Is There Any Detestability in the Imam of Eid Salah Being a Different Person From the Khateeb
- Audible Qunut in Witr Salah in Ramadan
- Wife performing Salaah in the front and husband performing Salaah behind
What is the religious ruling on making wudu' wearing makeup ?
Answered by Ustadh Sufyan Qufi Question In the book “Ascent to Felicity” (Maraqi...
Answered by Ustadh Sufyan Qufi Question: I just wanted to ask how do I make up for missed or...
I just recently found out that touching private parts of the spouse is forbidden in Ramadan and I just got married a month ago and wasn’t aware of this. Question: when a husband inserts finger in the vagina of his wife, is the fast of both broken and is expiation and makeup fasts for 60 days or just that day? If the private parts of both touch with discharge from vagina, is the is the fast of both broken and is expiation and makeup fasts for 60 days or just that day?
Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakahtuh,
Sheikh, would you please provide some advice on halal investing? I am interested in investing, but I want to be very cautious with navigating this in a halal manner, and I am not sure which investments would be halal, beyond a basic understanding.
I understand the basic tenets of halal investing, such as the company itself should be halal and sell halal products, the company should not engage in riba, etc.
What I don’t understand is whether it is permissible to assign thresholds to those tenets, such as saying that investing in a halal company is permissible as long as total interest/debt is less than 5% of the total makeup of the company, for example. And if such a case is permissible, then is purification of that wealth a requirement (for example, giving away 5% of the wealth earned as a charity)?
Also, would you provide insight on Wahed Invest, AAOIFI, and the Shariyah Review Bureau? I’ve seen these entities promote halal investing but I am not sure whether to trust them or not and I want to be very cautious with this.
I’ve tried to find some feedback from scholars on this topic, but I can’t find much on it, so any advice on this would be much appreciated.
My question is:
is microneedling, babyglow, extension eye-lashes and candy lips permissible in Islam ? these are new beauty technologies way …. here are their definitions in details
*Microneedling* regenerating skin care with micro-needles. It is a minimally invasive treatment, which is effective in treating skin aging, and therefore slowing the effects of aging. It thus stimulates each layer of the skin and improves its quality.
*BB Glow* is a technique that aims to improve the appearance of the skin by injecting pigments into it
*Candy Lips* is a semi permanent makeup technique allowing you to have lips that are always well made up and colored. The principle consists in implanting mineral pigments with an electric dermograph in the lips which does not go deep but only in the first skin of the lip. (very light lipstick in a natural look duration 6 months)
*eyelash enhancement* the beautician begins by placing a silicone patch, adapted to the shape of the eyes, on the mobile eyelid, flush with the fringe of the eyelashes. After applying glue, she places the eyelashes one by one on the patch using tweezers. the duration is 3 to 4 weeks
Answered by Shaykh Yūsuf Badāt Question: I am still nursing my 16.5 month old and find...
Assalamualaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu, I came to the US from India on an F-1 student...
Assalamu Alaikum, my query was that, if a person apostasized from Islam and then reentered the...