Taking a breath after every Aayat

Q:

1. When reciting surahs in salaah, does one have to t​ake a breath after every verse or can they just pause slightly and go onto next verse.

2. What if they stop and take a breath on a part they should not and carry on reading. Like in Surah Fatiha, I sometimes take a breath just before ‘ghair ril maghdoobi alaihim’ even though there is no pause there. Is my Salah ok in both cases?

A:

1. One does not have to stop at the end of every aayat. Rather, one can join several aayaat at a time. When joining one aayat to another the best would be to join the harkat of the last aayat to the next. However, reading in this manner by slightly pausing after each aayat is also allowed if one has not committed himself to a particular riwaayat.

2. The namaaz is valid.