Having an illicit relationship

Q: I spoke to a guy vulgarly about sex which is not permissible in Islam but I realised my mistake and asked forgiveness from Allah Ta’ala. Will Allah forgive me for my previous sin? Now I am going to get married with the blessings of Allah. Please suggest what to do for maghfirat.


A: Sincerely repent for the past and make a firm resolve that you will not repeat this in the future. If you are sincere and truthful, Allah Ta’ala will forgive your sins.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)