Attending the da’wat of someone whose major income is from haraam

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My question is that some of my relatives live in UK where they work in different sections such as the sale and making of Alcohol. They send their
income to Pakistan. That money they use for their house hold usage. Now they are getting their daughter married and when we go to meet her, we are invited for dinner. The problem is that is their income is halaal and we can eat food or other things from their home or not? Is it halaal for us, because we know about their income is from haram sources. In uk it is halal but in Pakistan it is Haraam?


A: Alcohol is haraam in all places. If the major portion of their income is from haraam, then you can not eat at their place.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:

Random Q&A