Q: I miss 7 fasts every year in Ramadan due to periods. I did keep some qaza fasts but I don’t remember how many. I had the intention to keep all but my health was always weak. Now also, I have excess bleeding and weakness due to which I dont think I can keep fasts. I calculated the missed fasts to be 7×30 years = 210 fasts approximately
1. How much fidya or kaffara do I have to give?
2. Can I give all at once?
3. To whom can I give it? Can I give to Rohingya refugees?
1. The fidyah for each fast is approximately 20 rands.
2. It can be given at once to various people or to one person.
3. It has to be given to the poor and needy.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)