Marital problems

Q: I am married to my cousin for about 7 months now. It was an arranged marriage. After Nikah he showed his true colors. And since then I’m being emotionally and mentally abused by him. He also disagrees in sending me allowance (which is my right since I’m his responsibility). I want to take khula from him but I’m afraid that my relations with my relatives will be disrupted and they won’t let me or my parents live in peace. What can I do?

A: Persevere patiently. Make du`aa after every namaaz. May Allah Ta`ala make it easy. Recite “Yaa Subboohu Yaa Quddoosu Yaa Ghafooru Yaa Wadoodu” seven times and blow on him and his food and drink.