Q: Could you please tell me if qunoot is recited at the time of calamities?
1. At what type of calamities it should be read.
2. Should it be read in fard prayers (all) or in nafil prayers.
3. How to read the qunoot in Salah (procedure with dua).
4. Is that the same procedure that Nabi Muhammed (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) read for one month for the destruction of enemies who killed pious people, what happened to them as a result.
1. When there is overwhelming fear that is affecting the Muslims in general.
2. It could be read in the Fajr fardh only. Otherwise it may be read after the namaaz. Some ulama recommend that it should be read after the namaaz.
3. In Fajr Salaat, after the Ruku of the second Rakaat, the Imaam will make the du`aa. Upon completion of the du`aa, they will go into Sajdah and complete the Salaat as normal. The du`aa is as follows:
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)