Are there any alternate Duas to Dua-e-Qunoot which can be read in the Witr Salaah?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by TheMufti.com

Q. I find it hard to remember dua e Qunoot for the witr Salaah. I have tried memorizing it many times but I get confused and fear I’m getting a sin by reading it wrong. Kindly advise if there is an alternate dua that can be read? And is it Makrooh to read a dua other than Qunoot?

A. One should make an effort to learn the Du’a-e-Qunoot to the best of one’s ability. If however, a person does not know the Du’a-e-Qunoot, he/she may recite any other Du’a from the Quran or Hadith.

In such a case, one may recite: “Allahummaghfirli” (O Allah, forgive me) or “Allahummahdini” (O Allah, guide me) thrice (or any such Du’a from Quran or Hadith). (Shaami 1/447).

Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ismaeel Bassa

This answer was collected from TheMufti.com, which is a fatwa portal managed by Mufti Ismaeel Bassa from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: TheMufti.com