Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » No longer want to be in a haraam relationship

No longer want to be in a haraam relationship

Q: I am single with a 10 month old baby from a Pakistani. We live together but I don’t want to get married because he is already married. I assisted him with his permit which allowed him to travel to Pakistan and he has now impregnated his wife. I asked him to leave as I no longer wish to be in a relationship and want to live my life as a pure Muslim woman. Is this wrong?


A: It is impermissible for a woman to be in contact with a strange man. Sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for the sin you have committed. We advise that you contact a local pious senior Aalim and explain to him your situation.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: