1. Can a Muslim live in a country that bans Hijaab in public (Like France).
2. According to Sheikh Awlaki, a Muslim cannot live in a non-Muslim country unless the person is involved in: – Propagating Islam, and practices it freely – Doing business – Seeking knowledge The above are short term interventions, but a Muslim cannot live there forever. Is this correct?
3. Is it true that a Muslim ruler cannot permit the propagation of any other religion other than Islam? Further, temples should be destroyed by a Muslim ruler?
1. Women should then not come out of their homes unless they are forced out.
2. He may live in a non-Muslim country provided he does not compromise any of his deeni obligations.
3. Muslim leaders must show peace and tranquility, and any system that is corrupt should be stopped. All muslim rulers had allowed non-Muslims the freedom of practising their religion.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)