Repentance and tawbah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have commuted zina by accident I want to repent for my sin and also I want to ask Allah what I can do (pay a certain amount of charity, fast for a certain amount of time, etc.) to make sure my sin is forgiven. I also want to get married to this person who has asked for my hand in marriage without him finding out about my sin so I was wondering if there is any way I can communicate to Allah for helping me and guiding me through this marriage.


A: Make nikaah and in the future be extremely cautious of all avenues of zina. Don’t even go anywhere near to that. Take good care of the eyes and ears, places, books and media etc.

Speak to your parents about the need for you to get married. Recite رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيْر (O my Rabb, I am in need of Your good and blessings.) 7 times after every namaaz.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)