Difficulty in practising on one’s deen in the country one is residing in

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My question is that I came to KSA from Karachi two months back to my parents and I don’t like it here at all. I am 23 years old and I lived all my life in Pakistan. I am used to the lifestyle of Pakistan. I tried to compromise and live here but I can’t anymore! I pray regularly Alhumdulelah and believe that only Allah Ta’ala can help me. But my parents are not thinking about me. I didn’t eat for 5 days but they’re not bothered. They’re giving excuses that we spent so much money to bring you here and now you want to go. I collected my money for exit visa and ticket also so that I don’t burden them. I have my home back in Karachi and my elder brother lives there too. It is no problem if I go live there but my parents are making it a problem. I hav faith that if Allah wills, He can help me. No one else can stop me then! But sometimes I become weak and feel like committing suicide so that they can save their money properly! I am afraid I might do something wrong with myself.


A: If you are finding difficulty in practising your deen correctly and you find the environment not conducive for your deen then you should leave. To guard and protect your deen is most important, in fact it is compulsory. Hence, you will not need the permission of your parents.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!