Sayyiduna Harithah ibn Suraqah (radiyallahu ‘anhuma)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

Could you mention the incident of Sayyiduna Harithah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) who was martyred in the Battle of Badr.
His mother had come to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) to enquire regarding her son’s condition?

Answer

Sayyiduna Anas ibn Malik (radiyallahu ‘anhu) says, Ummur Rubayyi’ [bintun Nadr], the mother of Harithah ibn Suraqah (radiyallahu ‘anhum) came to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and said, “O Prophet of Allah, Will you not tell me about Harithah?” He had been martyred at the Battle of Badr by a stray arrow. ‘If he is in Jannah, I will be patient. If [he is not in Jannah] , I will weep profusely for him.’ Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “O Ummu Harithah, there are many gardens within Jannah and your son has obtained the Highest Jannah [Firdaws].”

(Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 2809, 3982)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com