Explanation on the huge tree of Jannah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

The Hadith says: ‘There is a tree in Jannah whose shade a rider will not be able to traverse in a hundred years”

My question its not based on logic, but this “hundred years” is it days of this world or the Hereafter?

We know that one day in the Hereafter is equal to a thousand days of this world.

Answer

I haven’t seen any such explanation in the popular commentaries of this Hadith.

However, some have mentioned that this number is not literally intended. Rather it is to explain the very huge size of the tree.

(Faydul Qadir, and its footnotes, Hadith: 2318)

Therefore your question becomes irrelevant. Especially since the Hadith explains that even after these years pass, the rider will still be unable to traverse the shade of this tree. Hence it doesn’t matter which days are intended.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com