Our circumstances are as follows:
My wife and I are married with 3 girls.
My parents are alive and I have 2 brothers and 1 sister-all of whom are married. None of my grandparents are alive.
As for my wife, only her mother is alive. She has 2 brothers and 4 sisters. All are married.
1) Funeral expenses (not including any extravagances)
2) Debts (if any) including the legal costs
3) Bequests (if any) made to non-heirs. This is not to exceed one third of the estate after the above mentioned two things have been settled.
Once the above have been taken care of, the remaining estate of the deceased will be distributed to the heirs in accordance with Islamic law.
Both your case and your wife’s case are mentioned below:
After the above mentioned three things are taken care of from your estate, your estate will be divided into 81 equal shares and distributed as follows:
– 9 shares for your wife
– 16 shares for each of your three daughters
– 12 shares for your mother
– 12 shares for your father
Your brothers and sister will not get anything.
Your wife’s case:
After the aforementioned three things are taken care of from your wife’s estate, her estate will be divided into 39 equal shares and distributed as follows:
– 9 shares for her husband (you)
– 8 shares for each of her three daughters
– 6 shares for her mother
Your wife’s brothers and sisters will not get anything.
Note: If your/your wife’s circumstances pertaining to your/your wife’s heirs change before your/your wife’s death, then the above mentioned allocations may not be applicable.
Mufti Faizal Riza