1)As salam o alikum warahmatullahe wabrakatuhu. After fardh prayer i used to read fatiha Ayatul Kursi but now just ayatul Kursi because this is sunnah. but what else is sunnah after before praying? 2) i also read fatiha ayatul Kursi before sleeping and when i get out of my house is this okay or is there some sunnah du ‘a and what i am doing is innovation to sunnah?if not is it okay if i keep up these practices?3)is it sunnah to eat with index thumb middle finger?4)could u please tell me some sunnahs that i may practice in my (daily) life, as many as u can tell me i.e.salat, recitation of quran, (other)zikr, or rituals Mohammad salalaho alihe wasallam practiced. or suggest authentic books that tells me a lot of sunnahs that i can practice throughout my life or everyday as much as possible 5) what r some ways person can save himself from trials of the grave and jahannam?Did Mohammad salalaho alihe wasallam give us any specific advice?Jazakallahu khayran May ALLAH guide u and bless u with His infinite Blessings
1. After prayers one can recite the following: Aayatul Kursi, Istighfaar thrice, Surah Ikhlaas, Surah Falaq, Surah Naas, Subhaanallah and Alhamdulillah thirty three times each and Allahu-Akbar thirty four times and thereafter any Du’aa which should be completed with Subhaana Rabbika Rabbil ?Izzati ?Amaa Yasifoon Wa Salaamun ?Alal Mursaleen Wal Hamdu lillahi Rabbil ?Aalameen. (Raddul Muhtaar, Vol. 1, Page 392, Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 212-222)
2. It is Sunnah to read Faatihah, Aayatul Kursi, Surah Ikhlaas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas before sleeping. There are many other Du’aas which can be read before sleeping too. (Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 128-140)
We did not find any Hadith stating the recitation of Faatihah and Aayatul Kursi at the time of leaving the house but a Hadith states that Shaitaan will be kept away from that child or wealth on which Aayatul Kursi was recited. (Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 438) There are few other Du’aas which the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) recited at the time of leaving the house, e.g. ?Bismillahi Tawakkaltu ?Alallahi Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwwata illa billahi.? (Mishkaat, Page 215, Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 165)
For more information regarding Du’aas you can refer to Hisn-e-Haseen by Imam Muhammad bin Muhammad Al-Jazri (R.A.A.) in which Du’aas for different occasions have been accumulated with their references.
3. Yes, it is Sunnah to eat with three fingers (index, thumb and middle finger).
(Mishkaat, Page 363, Mazaahir-e-Haqq, Vol. 4, Page 82)
4. For the daily practices of the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) you can refer to a book named ?Uswaa-e-Nabi-e-Kareem (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam)? by Dr Abdul Hai ?Aarifi which is also translated into English.
5. It is stated in a Hadith that Surah Mulk safeguards from the trials of the grave. The Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) used to recite this Surah before going to bed. (Mishkaat, Page 188, Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 443)
For protection from the fire one should read: ?Allahumma ajirni minan naar? seven times after every Fajr and Maghrib prayers. (Hisn-e-Haseen, Page 225)
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Muhammad Ashraf
DARUL IFTA ? JAMEAH MAHMOODIYYAH, SPRINGS
JOINT PROJECT WITH DARUL IFTA, MADRASAH IN?AAMIYYAH ? CAMPERDOWN