I have a few questions. 1. Should the person who says ADHAAN have a beard(is this a compulsion)?? If a person without beard says the ADHAAN then should it be repeated? 2. Should one perform salaat in the same dress that he has made Wadhu in? 3. In USA we get interest on accounts even if we don’t want to. So can we use that amount to donate for a good cause? Is it haraam to even take the interest so as to donate it? 4. If there is enough time so that one can offer either sunnah prayer or khazaa ye umri then which one should be given higer priority? 5. My roommate is a muslim but he doesn’t pray much. Will I be questioned on the judgement day if I don’t invite him whenever I pray at home? I would be greatful if you please answer the above questions.
1. Beard in Islam is one of the salient features of Islam and must be kept
by every adult Muslim male and is necessary to keep. It is even more
important for a Muadhin to keep a beard. However, if he doesn’t, the Adhaan
will not have to be repeated. A suitable Muadhin should be found. A Muadhin
without a beard should not be appointed.
2. One may perform Salaat in the dress he has performed Wudhu with or any
3. Interest monies must be given to the poor and needy who are eligible to
accept Zakaat without the intention of reward.
4. Qadha Umri is more important, it should be given higher priority. It is not permissible to omit Sunnat-e-Muakkadah.
5. Allah Ta’ala says, ‘Enjoin people with good and stop them from evil.’ So,
it is your duty to do this. You should continue advising your friend on the
importance of Salaat and the punishments for one who misses his Salaats.
Salaat is the differentiating factor between Muslim and non-Muslim. However,
if he refuses to listen then you are not answerable.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai