Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » Friend got married (nikah ceremony) in Pakistan this year July. Now she has returned home and is having another ‘wedding ceremony’ without nikah

Friend got married (nikah ceremony) in Pakistan this year July. Now she has returned home and is having another ‘wedding ceremony’ without nikah

My best friend got married (nikah ceremony) in Pakistan this year July. Now she has returned home and is having another ‘wedding ceremony’ without nikah, and is spending thousands of pounds, and claiming that this is her ‘wedding’. She has even sent out wedding invitations for her ‘wedding’ and treating her husband like she isnt married to him (i.e. not allowed to be in same room, or see each other before the ‘wedding’). She is also planning on doing music and put the wedding on video. Is this permissible and is it permissible for me to attend such a ‘wedding’? Salam Sister Khadijah

Answer

Jazakallah for writing to the institute and please do forgive me for the delay in replying to your mail.

It appears that your friend has some misguided “fairy tale” ideas of what a wedding is all about and what marriage means in Islam. Every bride should desire that Allah Ta’ala showers His choicest blessings and Rahmah on her marriage and not His wrath and anger. Be that as it may, you seem to appreciate that music, videos and free mixing between non mahram men and women is unacceptable in Islam. ‘The seeratul mustaqueem’ is what you seek from Allah Ta’ala so I suggest that you take the route which pleases Allah Ta’ala and not human beings.

May Allah Ta’ala grant all of us the tawfeeq to obey His commandments and stay away from evil, ameen.

Sister Fadila
SOCIAL DEPT.

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Fatwa Dept.)

Assalamoalekum WW I am a girl of 21 years, I feel in love wid my classmate 3 years back and after thinking a lot with a religious point of view we had Nikah 1 and a half years back, it was a secret marriage involving me n my bridegroom n 3 witnesses( all baligh). we didn’t inform our parents about it. Gradually our physical intimacy increased and we had a sexual relationship. about 6 months back, the boys parents got to know about it, they came to inform my parents and his mother warned me not to talk to her son, and left things for the future, the boy was also given this warning. But being in the same class and being sexually addicted it was impossible for us to stay without talking to each other for so long, and things bacame the same between us. Now and then the boys mother keeps on crying and cursing him for taking such a big step without informing her, because being a mother off-course she had lots of dreams for his marriage. I being a girl, dont want to go to his house in the future where my in-laws dont want to accept me. The boy is very religious and he has told me clearly he will do watever his parents ask him to do, if they ask him to divorce me , he will divorce me. I am in a fix now as to what should I do. My parents dont know the details of the nikah and they dont know that I am actually married because they have a different mindset and for them nikah means something like a big ceremony and they think this was just a childish thing that we did and it should be forgotten. They dont know that I was physically involved with him, and I dont have the courage to tell them this. Wat should I do now? Should I stop talking to the boy? In case his parents ask him to divorce me, will I have to Sit on Iddat? In case I am college going, can I sit on Iddat without missing college, as being a student it is very difficult 4 me to miss college 3 months?Is it possible to sit in Iddat secretly? Wat should we do, should we listen to our parents or continue with our marriage? Pleaase reply as soon as possible I am undergoing a very bad phase of my life please help me as soon as possible. Duaon ki Darwkhwast hai