Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » What is sufism and what is its position in Islam if any ? Isn’t Islam only the belief in and practice of the Holy Quraan and the hadith ?

What is sufism and what is its position in Islam if any ? Isn’t Islam only the belief in and practice of the Holy Quraan and the hadith ?

Answer

Islam promotes Tazkiyah – the cleaning or purification of the heart of all
forms of spiritual filth that may impede ones spiritual progress and closer
proximity to Allah. Now, some people realize that achieving this goal – i.e.
spiritual purification – can only be gained by staying aloof from society
and adhering to other stringent regulations. Such people are generally
referred to as Sufis. The branch they are involved with is referred to
Sufism.

As far as Sufism is concerned, it is a branch of Islam that deals in
spiritual elevation and this is also a primary objective of Islam. In short,
Sufism is a branch of Deen (Islam). However, over the years, a number of
un-Islamic practices have seeped into this branch. Hence, the un-Islamic
practices of some of these ‘Sufis’ cannot be condoned.

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Assalam walaikum Janab, The eating or chewing tobacco or gutkha is ingerious to health and may cause the mouth cancer and their are many cases in our society of mouth desease. it is in any condition not healthy product it is always ingerious and in our shariyat the activity of producing eating and distributing these product is makrooh that means close to haram and not allowed.Please clarify my query that the producers, distributers of gutkha and tobaco products are damaging the health of humans the damage may not be as big as caused by the sharab but less than sharab definately. the sharab is haram and the money earned through it is also haram and is not allowed in our dini activity or for personal use also. The activity of gambling lottery or matka is also haram because it damages our social life although this activity does not affect our health but it ruins the family life so it is also haram and the money earned by this way is also haram. But unfortunately as on today the major amount of funds for the madarasa,for the tamir of masjid, for organising the dini istema is coming from the producers and distributors of gutkha and tobaco. These madrasa and other activities are accepting the funds from these producers because they have the point that these activity is makrooh and not haram. In Islam the importance is given to the unity of people in dini mehnat. The niyat of individual will be seen by Allah and on nek niyat the dini kam is getting progress and it is progressing because the Allah (swt)wants it to be developed and hence we should not be dependent on the major funds received from these peoples. Without the funding from these peoples our dini work will definately go on because we are having the help from Allah(swt). So please kindly clarify me that the income source of money which causes the harm to the human being how it will be acceptable for the good causes for madrasa or istema and for building masjid.or any other god causes. may Allah (swt) help me not to involve my personai intention to target some one to show him down in the presence of other. My intention is only to prevent these good causes from getting the funding from this not allowed activities.