Playing with one’s beard
Q: A person has a bad habit of playing with his beard constantly. Sometimes biting the hair also.
1) Is this considered something disliked in shariah?
2) How can he stop this bad habit
A: It is unethical.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- I am the student of engg., I want to know that is having a beard strictly compulsory in Islam or it is a sunnah.I have come to know that beard should be atleast be covered by the fist of one’s hand.Please tell me that beard with smaller length than the fist is similar to the clean shaven beard of the person.I always remain in a discouraged spirit to have the beard on the land of darul harb as we muslim students are so much dependent on the nonmuslims for our future careers & education.As it is getting very difficult to follow the rule of beard in this environment due to communal hatreds. So, please sir help me on this.
- Q: Is there any authentic narration which directly and emphatically mentions that trimming the beard is a punishable sin? How is sin and good determined in Islam? Is it Haraam or Makrooh to trim the beard? Did Nabi (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) ever trim His Blessed beard? If not, how is a fist lenght beard is an emphasised Sunnah? Which is more rewarding a trimmed fistful beard or a completely untrimmed natural beard? What is the ruling if one trims before it reaches a fist lenght? On what basis does a person continue to be sinful if he trims his beard before it is a fistful while trimmimg after a fistful is not sinful?
- I have a strong will (niyah) to keep beard but I have a fear that will I be successful to keep it for always. How much big sin is not to keep beard? I am afraid, lest in future, I remove my beard. Please guide me what should I do? If a person who does not keep beard, will Allah not accept his good deeds, salah, zakah, Hajj and any other small ibadah? Should we wait till my iman be stronger for this? Please reply me as soon as possible. I am in confusion.
- Myself Mohammad Salman have a strong will (niyah) to keep beard but I have a fear that will I be successful to keep it for always. How much big sin is not to keep beard? I am afraid, lest in future I remove my beard. Please guide me what should I do? If a person who doesn’t keep beard will Allah not accept his good deeds, salah, zakah, Hajj and any other small worships. We should wait till then. My iman be more strong for this. Please reply me as soon as possible. I am in confusion.
- I am a third year BSC student on a verge to complete my studies. My parents do not let me keep beard so what should I do? Now I am getting a job of 30000 INR but I have to be clean shaved also I want to keep my parents happy. And if I keep beard I have to quarrel for that with my parents and this will be daily course if I keep beard. I want to keep beard but I have to go against my parents and have to search for any other job because I will not get that job now if I keep beard.
- My question is that I know that trimming the beard less than fist length is haram but my dad pressures me to cut the beard and maintain it less than fist length. As my beard is now only growing and yet I do not get it fist length. So what should I do? Can I disobey my dad because beard is wajib and it is the sunnah of my Prophet Muhammad (SAW) but if I do not cut the beard my dad gets sad and my dad tortures me too. So what should I do? Please reply.