Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Wife requesting a divorce

Wife requesting a divorce

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My wife has a lot of enemosity (bughas, keena and hasd) against my parents. Due to this reason we are not living together and now she wants a khula or talaaq. She is also pregnant. What should I do?


A: If you feel that you can make her understand and she may agree to return to the marital home then try to convince her to come back.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: