1. Does the wudhu of a female break if she does not cover her hair and any gair mahram sees her in that state?
2. Is bleeding and vomitting related to breaking of wudhu and fast?
3. What are the things which breaks ones wudhu?
1. The wudhu won’t break, but this is a great sin whether she does this thoughtlessly or intentionally.
2. If the blood flows beyond the mouth of the wound the wudhu will break. If the vomit is a mouthful then the wudhu will break.
3. Eight things nullify (break) the wudhu:
1. Discharging of urine, stool or the coming out of anything from the private parts.
2. Discharging of gases.
3. Vomiting a mouthful.
4. To fall asleep lying down or by resting the body against something.
5. To faint due to some illness or any other reason.
6. Becoming insane or going mad.
7. Laughing aloud whilst in namaaz.
8. Flowing of blood or matter from any part of the body.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.