Translating the Hadith incorrectly

Q: I came across a hadith muttafaqun alay about the slandering on Ayesha (Radhiyallahu Anha), after that it was said that the behaviour of Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) towards Ayesha (Radhiyallahu Anha) changed and he used to say ‘how is that one?’ which hurts Ayesha (Radhiyallahu Anha) very much, when she didn’t know about her accusation.

Can you please explain to me why would Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) have uttered these statement and what does it really mean? It is confusing me very much.

A: The translation is not “How is that one?” The correct translation will be “How is it there?” referring to how is it with you. This is how the language is spoken. There is no need to have any doubts.