Playing video games

Q: I have a question concerning video games. There is this certain video game in whilst playing the game (when attacking the enemy) the screen shows it from an aerial view so you can not the any eyes or anything so it is not an animate object whereas to choose your character there are animate objects. I really want to play the game. Is it permissible to play this game?

A: Pictures of all animate objects are haraam and forbidden in Islam. Grave warnings have been sounded in the Ahaadith for those who have any involvement in picture making. Since the game got pictures of animate objects, it is not permissible.