Relationship with one’s brother who has left home to marry someone he wishes

Q: My youngest brother (on many occasions in the past) disobeyed and disrespected my parents because of a girl he wishes to marry. It has gone to the extent that he has packed up his things and left home. He is now planning to marry this girl. We have been told to just let him be. In the process my parents have became very ill and decided to leave their residential home to not be present when the wedding takes place. After he marries this girl, what is our role (according to Islam) in terms of our relationship with him and his wife?

A: Show him the brotherly kindness. Don’t totally break away from him. However, ensure that you do this without disappointing your parents in any way.