1. Is Qurbaani fardh or an emphasized Sunnah?
2. I have read it is sufficient for a man to slaughter on behalf of his family – is this correct, false or a difference of opinion
3. Can you dedicate a sacrifice in general, but also doing Qurbani for a dead relative (dedicating the reward to them), also can you do this for the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) as in dedicate the reward to him? I know it’s not a Sunnah, but is it allowed?
1. Qurbaani is waajib upon every baaligh and sane individual who possesses nisaab during the days of Qurbaani.
2. Each person is obligated to carry out the Qurbaani separately provided they fulfil the above mentioned conditions. Hence, if Qurbaani was waajib upon the members of one’s family, then carrying out one Qurbaani on behalf of the whole family will not be permissible. Each person will have to carry out his own Qurbaani.
3. Yes it is permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)