1

Surah Mulk protects from the punishment of the grave

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com
Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

Can you provide the reference for this narration?

One of the companions of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) pitched a tent on a grave without knowing that it was a grave. Suddenly he heard a person from the grave reciting Surah Mulk till he completed it. The Companion went to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and said:

‘O Rasulullah! I pitched my tent on a grave without knowing that is was a grave. Suddenly I heard a person from the grave reciting Surah Mulk till he completed it.’

Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

‘It is the defender and the deliverer. It delivers from the punishment of the grave’

Answer

Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith on the authority of Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma).

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2890. Some editions have the words ‘hasanun gharib’ and other editions have ‘gharib’ only)

The Hadith in question is suitable to quote.

Also see here.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail