Is the water that splashes from an impure bathroom floor pure or impure?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com

Aa.Sheikh,i’m a very young boy who is very keen to learn islam and i lived among ignorants and i want to focus on my deen.Here is my question:sometimes some portion of our bathroom floor is damp/wet as a result of urine which is a najasah and i sometimes perform istinja on this wet portion and i sometimes perform istinja on this wet portion and sometimes i take my bath on this portion.What is the ruling on these splatters according to ahlus sunnah (pure or impure)?

Answer

Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,‎
The floor ought to be clean of urine. You should ensure that no drops of urine splash on ‎the floor, and if there are splashes, it should be washed immediately.‎
From your question it seems that you merely have doubt that there is urine. Even if there ‎was urine, when you bath, the urine will flow down the drain, and the floor would get ‎clean.‎
Unless you are absolutely sure that there is urine, just ignore these doubts. ‎

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best

Wassalaam,

Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Find more answers indexed from: Fatwaa.com