1

Is mutual masturbation permissible between spouses?

Answered by:  Maulana Tahsin Alam​​

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

I pardon for such an explicit question but I am newly married and don’t know whom to reach out. I am confused about certain acts being permissible or not.

My question is in relation to mutual masturbation (in the context of a husband stimulating the wife). The question is whether a wife’s act of squeezing her husband’s hand between thighs permissible or is considered masturbation, thus a sin?

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Answer:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

There is no shame in asking such questions dear sister in Islam, the Prophet SAW would be asked questions of a private nature and would often say, “Allāh Ta’ala is not ashamed of the truth.” There is no harm in mutual masturbation, both ways, the husband for the wife or vice versa.

Only Allah Ta’ala knows best

Written by Maulana Tahsin Alam

Checked and approved by Ustadha Sabrina

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.