Before four years, my mother made me owner of Rs 45000. Was I entitled to give zakah? Because the minimum amount on which zakah is fardh is 52 tola silver or 7.5 tola gold. I do not remember what the price of silver or gold was before four years.

Answer

(Fatwa: 893/892/N=1433)

Ask any proficient goldsmith what was the price of 52.5 tola (612.360 gram) silver in last four years? Then pay zakah of the years in which you had the money equal to silver nisab or more than it provided it was more than your essential needs and no debt was pending on you.