I wanted to ask that we are making new home. And while constructing bathroom we have made an error. However that can be corrected at this point in time. Our comorde and Indian WC is in only 10 degree difference with kibla. Is this degree permissable and if not how much degree is permissable to make Indian W.C or comorde?

Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu!

I wanted to ask that we are making new home. And while constructing bathroom we have made an error. However that can be corrected at this point in time. Our comorde and Indian WC is in only 10 degree difference with kibla. Is this degree permissible and if not how much degree is permissible to make Indian W.C or comorde?

Answer

(Fatwa: 556/J)

Toilet should at least be 45 degree diverted from exact Qibla (Kaba direction); it is not allowed if it is less than it. Therefore, you should not keep your toilet at the existing position but get it diverted more than 45 degree from exact Qibla direction.