Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Can I be forgiven for my sin of having an illegal relationship and potentially allowing the child to be raised in a non-Muslim family?

Can I be forgiven for my sin of having an illegal relationship and potentially allowing the child to be raised in a non-Muslim family?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
I think I should not ask this type of question but I could not find any other way accept ask if I could go forward. I am from Afghanistan I am living in UAE I am married, I had illegal relationship with a Pilipino lady also married. Now she is pregnant and I told her to use some medicine to start your monthly period before it reached to 4 months , but she say no she say I want to keep it, and u have to pay my expenses to go to pillipin and stay there for 9 months until the baby is born” “ I say ok” but I really don’t want the baby, but some time I think that I did on big sin and I will say toba for aver, and then I think what if the baby grow in a christen non-Muslim family will I be punished for that in the hereafter. Dear mufti I know that there is no room for this type of things in Islam, but I will take your good answer as the final decision Thanks in advance I am going to umrah to sake the forgiveness of Allah dear send me and also publish online


(Fatwa: 1135/658/D=1432)

(1) It was good that you felt regretful. May you feel severity of this sin fully!
(2) You should completely end your relation from the woman. Also, avoid confronting her and meeting her. Do not talk her except in exigent needs. Although in the said situation of pregnancy it is allowable to abort it, but when the woman is not ready, how will you compel her?
(3) In future, you should completely avoid meeting and talking any strange woman in privacy and confronting without a need. Do tauba and istighfar sincerely before Almighty Allah and weep bitterly. It is hoped that Allah the Almighty will forgive you. But this is not a minor sin. The punishment of this sin in this world is stoning to death. If the punishment of this sin cannot be implemented, then too no concession would occur in the severity of it. You should try to pass your life with full firmness in iman and stability in good deeds and hatred towards sins and its aides, and give up passing free and careless life.
(4) Though the child is born or not, you have committed the crime. Now there is no way except tauba and istighfar. There is no other way to save yourself from the punishment of the hereafter except it. But the condition is that your tauba should be genuine and true not formal and temporary one.
(5) If the child is born, leave the matter on Allah and supplicate for his hidayah (guidance) and iman. However, he shall not be your real child but dua may be done for anyone.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Read answers with similar topics: